9.07.2011

Yes I did...

Who says life is dull? Maybe they just need a different perspective. I have found myself experiencing and doing things that I never thought I would do, just by transplanting myself in a new environment. The following is a list of the things... and yes, I did every single one of them:

1. Found a Christmas movie I hated, which is extremely unusual for me. Snowglobe = Official killer of holiday spirit. (Yes, I realize it's September)

2. Disinfected, soaked, and bathed Dakota (my dog) after she rolled in a pile of maggot-infested fish. My gag-reflex was is hyper-drive! This of course was in the lot right next to McDonald's and Taco Bueno, which makes fast-food that much more unappealing...

3. Took Dakota to a dog park to socialize. The story ends with us being the only ones sitting in the "park". She didn't mind, she just walked around sniffing where all the dogs had previously peed.

4. While at the dog park, I called into a Christian talk radio to add my name to a petition to allow clergy to participate in 9/11 memorial ceremony. They seemed disappointed after I told them I didn't want to pledge a "$100 or $200 desperately needed gift" to support the cause. The radio announcer forgot to mention that part, obviously. Regardless, my name is now on this petition that is being sent to the Mayor of New York. Too much time on my hands? I think so...

5. Not only have I single ward-hopped, but I signed myself up to attend LDS Institute classes. Say hello to the new me? Nah... I'm still the same.

6. In an attempt to get Dakota some exercise, I dropped her off in a parking lot and drove around, with her chasing behind me. I, of course, thought it was hilarious watching her run, but realized how it probably looked to the late-night grocery shoppers exiting the store. Even with it being 11pm, I decided that it wasn't a good idea after I got several concerned looks. (I haven't returned to that grocery store either...just in case)

I'm sure I could go on and on with this list. It is very easy for me to find the negative in things, but I'm learning to appreciate the humorous situations I find myself in lately. Perspective, attitude, or whatever you want to call it, can make or break what we get out of life. I've decided that the only way I'm going to be happy is if I learn to enjoy the moments.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the part about Dakota running after your car in the parking lot. It makes me laught when I imagine it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately for me, I was eating a delicious slice of pumpkin pie while reading this and it sort of lost it's appeal after "maggot infested fish." :) I loved this though, made me laugh! Glad you are having fun.

    P.S. Don't worry about the pie, 5 seconds later Chloe came over to stick her fingers in it and spray a good sneeze all over it :)

    ReplyDelete