8.26.2010

.:Closure:.

This is one of those more personal, but not detailed posts. Today was the last page of a book that was long over due to end. I'm finished with learning, listening, trying, and re-trying. After a roller coaster of emotions this afternoon, I finally feel like I can be done, and not wonder what if...

Liberated? Not quite. But I do feel like I can move on to something new. Have I made a fool of myself at times? Totally! But I tried so hard, no matter how retarded I made myself look. Was it worth it? Not sure yet.

This year, I have had to reflect a lot on the person I am and the person I want to be. I had to make tough decisions, one's that completely changed my life. I'm not sure at this point if "everything happens for a reason", but I do believe I was given the opportunity to learn from the situation.

I am probably not going to get this quote completely right, but it really hit home for me: "Change is on-going and inevitable, but how you deal with change makes all the difference in the outcome". I want to say it came from the "Especially for Mormons" book, but I could be wrong. I read this quote last January and think about it often. As I apply it to the last few years of my life, I can see how true that statement is. Nothing just happens. Making an effort, grabbing life by the horns, "just go with it",  or even the "maybe someday" complex all affect the outcome of change. Luckily for me, I don't feel like my life is pre-determined, so change is about to be a very positive thing to look forward to.

I have so much to be thankful for at the end of the day, which makes it so much easier to get over things like this. The best way to explain my new game plan is by the following...

"...solider on..."

No comments:

Post a Comment