8.30.2010

Finding Roots, and Reconnecting

Do you ever feel like you need a second chance? I do... ALL THE TIME. There are so many times that I think back and cringe at the things I've done, how I treated people, or how I handled a situation. I wouldn't erase every single one of those regrets, but I often wish I was given the opportunity to apologize or "square things up". 

This past week has been a good one for me, because in some ways, I feel like I was given my second chance. I was able to reconnect with friends that I thought otherwise had moved on with their lives. Two of them, I have talked off and on with through out the last couple of years, but never really made time to get together. Last week, I finally had a chance for things to be like they use to be. No walls. No put-ons. Just friends. The biggest surprise for me though, was getting to meet up with an old friend from grade school. Now, this friendship ended on bitter and stupid terms. Thankfully we're passed whatever made us go our separate ways in the first place. I hope I keep getting opportunities like this. It makes the world so much more bearable, when you don't have so many walls up in your life.

I feel like this quote is a perfect ending to this post:
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment