8.04.2010

Project: Quilt


I have been shopping around for new bedding over the past six months. I haven't found anything that I am crazy about, so I decided I wanted to make my own. I am really into block quilts, but I want it to look more sophisticated than country. I went to Walmart of all places, and found some bolts of fabric that were $5.00 (what a steal!).

So here is my game plan: Some of the fabric was one solid color or muted, so I am now looking for some lace or sheer overlay fabric to add dimension. I am loving the color scheme of black, white, and yellow, but I want to add in earthy tones (like: taupe, various warm greens, and a little red/orange). I have a bold black and cream stripe, so I want to compliment it with an awesome textile or print. This all sounds very over-the-top by now, but I want something unique.

Now, I am not one to take others ideas, but the following images are some quilts that really stand out to me. They are a little more casual than the direction I want to go, but they have given me some ideas:
LOVE the yellow and black block at the top.
I want to stay away from traditional, but I love how they incorporated a floral design into a quilt.

I like the various black prints. I'm not a huge fan of the layout.
I like how they used various green and black prints.




No comments:

Post a Comment